Monday, May 24, 2010

Lab - my other home

As I was always warned (and let's face it, I was already aware), my lab has become Home 2. Probably an equal to my actual house. The last 2 weeks have been riddled with 11-14 hour days. Bleh. So much so that when my friends came to visit they had to spend an hour with me in lab this weekend. And the weekend before that my parents sat in the car while I took care of some non-visitor friendly lab work. Maybe I should focus more and stop blogging at work. I'd probably get more done that way...


In an update on my previous post: I can't stop eating the animal crackers in my desk. Crap.

I guess my boyfriend is on the right track (I never like to admit these things) but making me run 2 miles in 90 degree weather couldn't hurt in response to my goofy eating habits. I hate running but it looks like it's on the docket again tonight. My theory on running since my Jr year of college: I don't run unless something is chasing me and I started doing Tae Kwon Do so things wouldn't chase me...Somehow I got confused and my TKD group last year convinced me to run in a relay marathon. It was pretty sweet actually. There were people cheering us the whole way. You couldn't go more than 10 feet without someone yelling 'Great Job,' 'You're almost there,' 'Keep it up,' etc. Sadly, I didn't have my own cheering section during training.

No comments:

Post a Comment