Friday, September 10, 2010

Kitchen...before and after

When I bought my house, one of the biggest eye sores was definitely the kitchen. I could not get over that floor or the cabinets with their red-toned brown that clashed with the yellow-toned beige on the walls. It drove me nuts. After having purchased tiles over a year ago to solve this problem, something was finally done...

What all did I do??
-Peel and stick tile over the old laminate
-New countertop
-Painted the metal cabinets
-New sink
-Installed a garbage disposal (that's right, this house had no disposal or dishwasher)
-New faucet

I friend of mine is a contractor so he did the work with me helping where I could. For ~$1000, check out my transformation.

Before:

After:









The stained, 50's diner countertop.



That nasty floor...



Yay awesome kitchen

No comments:

Post a Comment